Hi, welcome to our recipes site. Trying to find juicy food recipe? Why not try Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken recipe! Our website is committed to bringing you only the best Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken recipe, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to cook Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken RecipeTo cook sweet 'n' sour chicken you only need 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it. Preptime: 19 Minutes Cooktime: 43 Minutes Serve: 3 Persons Nutrition: 230 calories.
The ingredients needed to cook sweet 'n' sour chicken :
- Use 220 g chicken breast, cut into chunks,
- Use 1 large green or red bell pepper, cut into chunks,
- Take 1 onion, cut into chunks,
- Provide 100 g frozen or fresh pineapple chunks,
- Prepare 1 spring onion, sliced thinly
- Provide Vegetable or sunflower oil for frying,
- Get For the chicken coating:
- Use 3 tbsp Cornflour,
- Use 1/2 tsp white pepper,
- Use 1/4 tsp salt,
- Use 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce,
- Take 1 beaten egg,
- Use For the sweet and sour sauce:
- Get 3 tbsp sugar free ketchup,
- Prepare 1 and 1/2 tbsp organic runny honey,
- You need 1 and 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar,
- Provide 1/2 tbsp premium oyster sauce,
- Take 1 tbsp light soy sauce
Steps to make Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken :
- In a bowl large enough to place all of the chicken pieces in, put the dark soy sauce. Add the chicken and toss so that it is all coated fully. Leave in fridge to marinate for 10-15 mins.
- In a separate bowl large enough for the chicken pieces, place about three tbsp of cornflour, the white pepper and salt.Take the marinated chicken pieces and dip each piece into the beaten egg and then roll into the cornflour mixture until lightly coated with no gaps. Do this with all the chicken.
- Heat up a wok over a high heat and add enough cooking oil to cover about 4-5mm of the base. Leave to get hot enough for frying then add the chicken pieces in batches, so not to overfill the wok and lower the cooking temperature, using wooden chopsticks or tongs turn occasionally until all sides are crispy and golden brown. The chicken should only take a few minutes to cook. Lay out some sheets of kitchen roll and gently remove the pieces from the wok and lay them out on it to remove excess oil.
- Here it's usually wise to slice into one of the larger pieces of chicken, to ensure it's cooked through and not pink. In a jug or cup make up the sweet and sour sauce by adding all of the listed ingredients for the sauce and giving it a good mix. Set aside.
- Carefully remove almost all of the oil from the wok, leaving just enough to fry the vegetables with, (around 2 tbsp worth). Add the onion first and stir whilst it fries so it doesn't burn. After around three minutes add the bell pepper and the pineapple, cook for another 2-3 mins, or if using frozen pineapple, until it's no longer cold in the centre and is defrosted.
- Add the sweet and sour sauce to the wok with the onions, pineapple and peppers. Reduce down for around two minutes until it starts to thicken and it's warmed through. Add the crispy chicken pieces and toss everything together quickly (to keep coating from becoming too soggy), so it's evenly coated in the sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Plate up and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Perfect eaten alongside Chinese style rice or noodle dishes.
If you find this Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting healthy tips bellow.
In The Following Paragraphs We Are Going To Be Looking At The Metabolic Cooking Program
Weight loss isn’t a fairly easy task for people to accomplish, and you are going to find that quite a lot of the programs on the market today are not really that helpful. Reducing calories and getting exercise are two of the main things you are going to find that pretty much every weight loss program have in common. But what many programs do not tell you is that the proper kinds of foods is something which will help you burn off fat faster. For those of you who want to understand how you can begin making delicious meal that will help you burn off fat, you are going to be able to find this information in the Metabolic Cooking program.
Another problem with a lot of the diet programs available today would be that the tell you that you are not permitted to eat certain types of foods. This is just one of the reasons men and women have a hard time following an eating plan, because they get very bored with the bland foods. One of the first things you are going to find and this program is that you are going to have the ability to eat foods that are not boring. Individuals who stick to this eating program wind up having far better results simply because they are actually excited about eating their meals. You will also not become bored because of the tiny variety of foods due to the fact that this program will provide you with 250 fat burning recipes.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
I know that the majority of of you are aware of the fact that when your metabolism is running at a higher level, you have the ability of burning off more calories. This also means you’re going to have the ability of burning off fat from your body mainly because you’re burning off all these extra calories. So by eating the meals which are provided in this program that boost your metabolism, you are going to be burning fat at a considerably faster rate.