Looking for recipes idea to cook this weekend? Try this Healthy Sweet & Sour Chicken recipe! Our website is dedicated to bringing you only the best Healthy Sweet & Sour Chicken recipe, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to make Healthy Sweet & Sour Chicken with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Healthy Sweet & Sour Chicken RecipeTo cook healthy sweet & sour chicken you only need 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it. Preptime: 40 Minutes Cooktime: 39 Minutes Serve: 2 Persons Nutrition: 219 calories.
The ingredients needed to prepare healthy sweet & sour chicken :
- Prepare 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Prepare 5 ml veg oil
- Use 1 medium onion, cut into 12 wedges
- Prepare 3 peppers, red, green, orange or yellow, deseeded and cut into chunks of about 3cm/1¼in
- Get 1 x 225g/8oz can water chestnuts
- Use 1 x 425g/15oz can pineapple chunks in natural juice drained
- Provide 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Provide 25 g/1oz piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Use freshly ground black pepper
- Take Sauce
- You need Juice from 2 tins pineapples approx 300ml
- Use 50 g cornflour
- Use 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Provide 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Get 1 tbsp granulated sweetener
- Get 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Get 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
Steps to make Healthy Sweet & Sour Chicken :
- To make the sauce, drain both the pineapple tins in a sieve over a bowl and keep all the juice – - you should have about 250ml. Add 300ml water, then stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, sweetener, ketchup and chilli flakes until - thoroughly combined. Set aside. Put the cornflour in a bowl and stir in approx three - tablespoons (or more) if required of water to make a smooth paste.
- Cut each chicken breast into eight or nine even pieces. Heat the oil in a - large non-stick frying pan or wok and stir-fry the onion and peppers for two minutes over - a high heat. Drain the water chestnuts and cut them in half horizontally.
- Add chicken to the pan and stir-fry for two minutes until coloured - on all sides. Add the garlic, ginger, pineapple chunks and water chestnuts and stir-fry for - 30–60 seconds.
- Give the cornflour and water mixture a good stir and add it to the pan with the chicken and - vegetables. Stir well, season with some ground black pepper and bring to a simmer. - Cook for 4–6 minutes until the sauce is thickened and glossy and the chicken is tender and - cooked throughout, turning the chicken and vegetables a few times. Serve with a small portion of rice.
If you find this Healthy Sweet & Sour Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting healthy tips bellow.
Your Memory And Also Brainpower Can Both Be Benefited By Consuming Particular Foods
Improving the power of your brain and your memory are both things that can be carried out when you eat certain kinds of foods referred to as brain foods. Needless to say you’re going to find that many men and women do not know of what these types of foods are or how they are able to actually wind up benefiting their brain. For people that are wondering what these types of foods are you are going to be pleased to know that we are going to be speaking about them in the following paragraphs.
Healthy fats are not normally two words that folks think should go together, but you’re going to see that your brain requires healthy fats in order to build these new cells and increase your memory. Incorporating salmon and tuna fish in your diet is a thing that will have the ability to supply your body with Omega-3, which is one of the healthy fats your brain needs. For individuals who don’t like to eat fish you’re also going to find that this is something which can also be found in walnuts and eggs.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
Various different types of minerals and vitamins are also going to be extremely vital for proper brain function, and you are going to find that you are going to be able to get all of the vitamins and minerals you need by eating fruits and veggies. You ought to also recognize that the remainder of your body needs these vitamins and minerals as well, so eating a lot of veggies and fruits will have a large amount of benefits on your entire body.